Friday 11 November 2011

Flashback Friday-Wonderful Childhood Memories

I was lucky enough to have a wonderful childhood, my memories are full of my parents love and the feeling of belonging and security they gave my brother and I. I was born in South London and remember those fantastic neighbourhood communities where everyone helped each other. Our playgrounds were the streets mostly devoid of cars, and the overgrown bombsites we used to call 'The Country'. Our Summer holidays were always sunny and hot and each day Mum would give us a little lunch money and that would be the last she would see of us until tea time! One of my clearest memories is the day we got our first Televisions Set!! A huge cabinet affair and within a tiny tv screen, but as we were the first in our street to have a tv it was a huge hit with us and all the neighbours children. Thinking about those uncomplicated days my mind often wanders back to the innocent and wonderful children's tv programmes....I used to love Andy Pandy, a little character called Loobi Lou would have my brother cowering behind the sofa, I still tease him about it now lol! I also loved The Wooden Tops, Ragtag and Bobtail, and Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men. I have added some videos for you to watch in case you are not familiar with them, how innocent they are compared to what is on the tv now! Hope you enjoy them and they bring back as many happy memories for you as they do for me. Have a wonderful weekend xxxx Don't forget to pause the music if you want to watch the videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...