Wednesday 3 October 2012

Anna Karenina

I was really looking forward to watching Anna Karenina at the cinema as it one of my favourite Russian stories but I was so disappointed in the new film. I thought it ruined by ridiculous settings and an almost comic translation. Of course it's just my opinion but I so much prefer the original film. The saving grace was a wonderful performance by Jude Law as Anna's thwarted husband. Anyway, the cinema is right opposite the most gorgeous 14th century building on the river Medway The Archbishops Palace which was built in the early 14th century as a resting place for Archbishops on route from Canterbury to London, now it houses the Registry Office and is a beautiful place to get married. I started to take some photos but the heavens opened so I only managed to get a few.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...