Thursday 11 October 2012

Celia Birtwell Memories


Last Sunday Sophie and I went to Tunbridge Wells to do a bit of shopping, mainly to buy winter trousers in Long Tall Sally as having a 36" inside leg it is impossible to buy them anywhere else. Well on the way I had the radio on and I said to Sophie 'That sounds like Celia', she was on Desert Island Discs which happens to be my favourite radio show. I cannot tell you how emotional it made me feel, in fact I shed a few tears, the memories of those amazing times came flooding back so clearly and it took me by surprise the way it made me feel. God, it was a dream job if you could call it a job, more like meeting up with your friends every day for a great time, such a heady time for a young teenage girl. We had to sit in the car in the car park until it was finished, here is the show and I hope you have the time to listen to it.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01n6064/Desert_Island_Discs_Celia_Birtwell/



Here is a lovely video of some of Celia's amazing fabric designs and the fashion shows of Ossie Clark, I was there!!


1 comment:

  1. Love this and can't wait to check it out! It's early Friday morning and am en route to the chalkface, will have a look when the going home bell rings. X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...