Monday 10 September 2012

A Medieval Morning

The weather here in the UK has been very hot and I don't like hot weather! So, this morning turned out to be a lovely breezy day and much cooler and fresher than it has been so I thought a walk was in order. Here in the stunning county of Kent you only have to walk a few minutes before you find history literally on your doorstep. I drove to the local butchers to buy some of their amazing chilli and lime chicken (best I have ever tasted) popped into the charity shop to see if they had a little radio for our budgie, yes we are mad! Lo and behold they did so now Luca has his own personal music to keep him company. Parked the car at East Farleigh and walked down to the beautiful 12th Century St Mary's Church which has stunning views across to the River Medway and the Medieval East Farleigh Bridge also built in the 12th century, I find it quite amazing that we do sometimes take this amazing history for granted and don't stop to look at the glorious
sights around us, here are a few photos I took this morning.











We had another trip to the sea last week so while I am on the blog here are a few pics of the day



Even with crumbs Jessica is a doll!



Jess loved 'pebble surfing'


I meant to take a photo of the lovely cream tea before we ate it!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful week, take care, B xxx

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful darling! Lovely photographs....wish I could take that walk with you :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...