Saturday 2 June 2012

A morning in Lenham

All last week I felt so poorly with a horrid summer cold so it was great to wake up feeling a lot better this morning although still stuffed up and slightly deaf!! Sophie and I decided to take a little trip to the beautiful Kentish village of Lenham not far from where we live as there is a new antique centre opened and we felt a browse coming on! Lenham was looking wonderful, the bells were ringing in the church and Union Jack bunting was blowing in the breeze ready for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. But as usual Sophie was starving so we stopped at the village tea shop for an all day breakfast and a nice cup of coffee. Fortified we started our browse, lots of lovely things at Lime Tree Antiques, reasonably priced. Sophie loves the acrylic type jewellery and found a lovely spotty bow bracelet and yellow heart ring which I bought her in a cute little boutique a couple of doors down from the antique centre.I found a couple of things for gifts, unfortunately I can't post photos as someone who reads this blog will see them lol! It lifted my spirits to be in such a beautiful place, friendly people and something yummy to eat, who could ask for more? The older I get the more patriotic I get, for all it's faults England is really a green and pleasant land!  Lenham is just a few miles from the wonderful Leeds Castle, a moated beauty which we have visited many times and the village is a lovely place to have lunch or tea after a visit.



Outside Lime Tree Antiques

The village shop

The church of St Mary

Bunting for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Pretty cottages in Lenham


My turqoise Kenneth Jay Lane earrings arrived!!

Sophie hates her photo being taken!

Vintage clothes at Lime Tree Antiques


The stunning Leeds Castle, Lenham, Kent

Sophie's acrylic pieces





I wish you a wonderful Diamond Jubilee Weekend. Let us celebrate being proud to be British! I am!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...