Wednesday 30 May 2012

A perfect Day

Last week (before I caught the worse summer cold ever) I had such a lovely day with my daughter in law Anita and Granddaughter Jessica Lilly. I took them to Headcorn for lunch in one of my favourite little places, a little teashop that has an enchanting walled garden, shaded with vines and flowers where so many birds come and visit and wait for your crumbs, I thought Jessica would love the birds and she did. Although Anita has travelled the world she had never been to Headcorn, isn't is strange how that happens, you live in a county all your life yet there are some places you never visit. It was such a hot day as we browsed the little shops we decided to cool down with some tea at a lovely hotel not far away, The Chilston Park Hotel, Lenham, Kent. I have there many times and know it always has a lovely breeze that comes off the lake. It used to be owned by Judith Miller of Miller's Antiques fame, it was stuffed full of antiques then, not so much now but still beautiful. We had forgotten our picnic rug so asked at reception if they had one, another member of staff overhearing our request said she had one in her own car and would get it and bring it to us, this she did, such nice, thoughtful service always impresses me and makes you want to go back to a place. We spent a lovely couple of hours sitting on the lawn by the lake, if you are ever in that area do visit you will love it! Here are a few pics of the hotel and day.

The Chilston Park Hotel, Lenham, Kent

No fire was lit that day thank goodness!

Moi and my Pickelilly

Anita and Jessica

Jessica contemplating her next move!

Jessica and Mummy


Hope your week is going well, hugs, B xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...